Q: Shorten and lengthen optical temple tips.
A: I saw posts on temple tips and lengthening and shortening temples, besides temple tip replacement. I've a few thoughts and hints that can help.
We have soldered core extension on before. It may not be fun. An exceptionally strong solder joint is necessary and intensely little solder is utilized or perhaps a bluge could possibly be visible after you place the tip on.
A less strenuous solution to lengthen temples is by using longer temple tips that have the same core hole depth. It's a quite easy way to lengthen. These products are availible otherwise you might discover longer ones as part of your "Bone Pile" of frame scraps.
I usually hate to determine patients that have an long extension of temple end hanging below the ear. A straightforward action step can eliminate this concern.
Use heat and remove the exisiting temple tip. Cut the core wire (usually 5mm average or 10mm-15mm in extraordinary instances) and set the tip back on. Make sure to file the core wire end you cut to ensure that there isn't a burr about the end. A pointed end causes it to become less of a challenge to re-insert the temple tip.
A few of you are thinking "If I cut the core, sometimes the tip won't slide the whole way on because of the temple flaring out wider further the end".
True: Fogged headlights that you can do.
1) Cut the temple tip size down. I might suggest only 5mm or perhaps the most 10mm or plastic tip will not provide adequate coverage behind the ear.
IMPORTANT: Should you cut the plastic temple tip be sure you file down the cut end so that it's not sharp. Use sand paper or even a fine file and in many cases buff against each other if you possess the tools to do so.
2) If you agree the temple tip will be quite short by performing, you have the option of filing down the temple shoulder. BE CAREFUL NOT TO FILE An excessive amount OR It's going to be VISIBLE. Done cautiously, it is another option which i have gotten success with.
- Model No: TM912-TBR
- Highlight: Ultra Light and Keep Fashion Tendency
- Gender: Unisex Eyewear
- Age Group: Adults
- Frame Size: 54-16-137
- Shape: Rectangle Eyewear
- Spring Hinge: No
- Color: Hawksbill
- Available Color: Blue
- Material: TR90 Front And Stainless Steel Temple
- Tips: Acetate
- Bridge: Adjustable nose pads
- Original: ShenZhen
- Rim: Full-Rim Spectacle
- Certificate: CE and FDA are certificated
- Warranty:1-Year Warranty.
- Availability: In Stock in Eyewear Company
- Payment Terms: Paypal, Western Union
- Minimum Order:12pcs/Model, 300pcs in total
- Market Preference: Africa Eyewear, European Spectacle Frame
- Eyewear Quote
- Package: 1pcs/Poly-bag, 12pcs/Inner Box, 300PCS/Carton
- Carton Box Size: 84*27*31
- Cross Weight: 12KGS
- HS Code: 90031900
- Delivery Time: Within 7 days upon received your payment