Customization of FreeFrom Lenses
The design is optimized for each user.
- Morphological customization
- Optical customization
- Functional customization
- Nasal-pupillary distances (IPD)
- Pupil Height (SEGHT)
- Tilts (pantoscopic and wrapping)
- Back Vertex Distance
- Object distance
- – Use of the prescription, refraction index and blank values in the optimization process of the lens.
- – Optical optimization regardless of the blank
- – Reduction of the effect of unwanted cylinder on the power distribution
- – Optical optimization for each material (refraction index)
Functional customization of FreeFrom Lenses
- – Provide a wide set of different designs to allow the optician to choose the one that better fits the customer needs.
- – There is not a complete answer to this question and, probably, there won’t be a complete answer to this question.
- – Lens design is a well defined concept; user needs and adaptation are not well defined concepts.
Information from the user
- Prescription (hypermetropia, myopia, cylinder, addition).
- Intended use of the lens (far, intermediate, near).
- Typical tasks (Outdoor, indoor, computer use).
- Experience and previous lens (Type of previous design).
- Postural behaviour (Head down, Head up, Head tilted).
- Receptivity to the use more than one spectacle.
Tags: Freeform Lenses