Q: Corroding optical frame temples.
A: We use a product that we get at a local electrical supply dealer. It is called shrink to fit or shrink wrap. It is a tubing that you measure the length of the temple and then apply heat to it. It then shrinks around the temple and puts a protective barrier between the temple and your customers head. It is clear in color so not as noticeable. One tip, when you are ready to heat it up, grab your favorite lighter and begin to heat the shrink wrap in the middle using the blue flame otherwise you will burn it.
Some other people shrinks quite well with any heat source. An air frame warmer works very well and does not burn or discolor the heat shrink tubing. Eventually sweat, etc. will get underneath the shrink wrap and discolor (usually the same green/copper oxide color that old nose pads get.Hilco and others also make a dip you can coat your frames with and it will prevent corrosion and discoloration for over 3 years.
A few sizes of shrink tubing for spectacle frames.
- Model No: TR1017
- Highlight: Cute Design
- Gender: Kids Eyewear
- Age Group: Adults
- Frame Size: 46-16-128
- Shape: Rectangle Eyewear
- Spring Hinge: No
- Color: Blue Outside And Purple Inside
- Available Color: Black Outside And Red Inside
- Material: TR90
- Tips: TR90
- Bridge: Unadjustable nose pads
- Original: ShenZhen
- Rim: Full-Rim Spectacle
- Certificate: CE and FDA are certificated
- Warranty:1-Year Warranty.
- Availability: In Stock for Eyewear Supplier
- Payment Terms: Paypal, Western Union
- Minimum Order:12pcs/Model, 300pcs in total
- Market Preference: Asia Eyewear, Africa Spectacle Frame
- Eyewear Quote
- Package: 1pcs/Poly-bag, 12pcs/Inner Box, 300PCS/Carton
- Carton Box Size: 84*27*31
- Cross Weight: 12KGS
- HS Code: 90031900
- Delivery Time: Within 7 days upon received your payment