Q: How to avoid broke expensive lenses?
A: Good topic of "how to avoid broke expensive lenses?" Today I finally decided that I have broken too many expensive lenses trying to do on the spot repairs on compression mounts that had come loose with wear. I learned the following from their ace bench man.
1) Ream holes with a hand ream to correct fit (very slight resistance when slipped in by hand.
2) Safillo inserts are generally the best. Although Silhouette’s are a little softer and larger (need to be mounted a little snugger as they are affected by heat and cold).
3) Lubricate holes in insert with alcohol spray before inserting metal pegs.
4) Trim inserts to length with razor blade not special snips for this (protecting lens with scotch tape of course). Dig slightly downward (but not enough to penetrate tape starting razor cut then turn blade for an upward cut.
I hope this saves someone eating some expensive lenses as I have done in the past. Not to mention the embarrassment of going out to the patient and explaining, "Sorry but I broke the lens."
How to mend broken plastic bridges?
- Model No: EGD9047-Red
- Highlight: Latest Fashion Style
- Gender: Unisex Eyewear
- Age Group: Adults
- Frame Size: 52-15-142
- Shape: Rectabgle Eyewear
- Spring Hinge: No
- Color: Red
- Available Color: Black Outside And Yellow Inside
- Material: Acetate Front And Aluminium magnesium alloy Temple
- Tips: Acetate
- Bridge: Unadjustable nose pads
- Original: ShenZhen
- Rim: Full-Rim Spectacle
- Certificate: CE and FDA are certificated
- Warranty:1-Year Warranty.
- Availability: In Stock for Eyewear Supplier
- Payment Terms: Paypal, Western Union
- Minimum Order:12pcs/Model, 300pcs in total
- Market Preference: European Eyewear, Africa Spectacle Frame
- Eyewear Quote
- Package: 1pcs/Poly-bag, 12pcs/Inner Box, 300PCS/Carton
- Carton Box Size: 84*27*31
- Cross Weight: 12KGS
- HS Code: 90031900
- Delivery Time: Within 7 days upon received your payment